Monday, August 06, 2012



After 4 glorious weeks of vacation, hunkering down is coming a little bit slowly, at least today.

Vacations can be hard to leave behind because it is a time in my life when I don't feel the pressure of having more to do each day than I have time for. When your schedule for the day consists of: have breakfast, put on bathing suit, lather children in sunscreen, and walk to the beach, it's pretty much amazing. When getting to the beach consists of hours of lying on a raft, or in a tide pool the temperature of a hot bath while kids are cheerfully entertained for hours by waves, sand, crabs, etc, it's a life that's pretty easy to get used to.

I suppose all good things must come to an end...**Sigh**

But whenever I am feeling this way, I think the lines from C.S. Lewis' The Last Battle. The children are in heaven, their true home:


"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now. The reason why we loved the old Narnia is that is sometimes looked a little like this. Bree-hee-hee! Come further up, come further in!"
"The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning."     And as He spoke, He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at least they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which every chapter is better than the one before."




No comments: