Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Timeline Wall

I made a fun timeline wall for our house with our Classical Conversations' timeline cards. Enjoy:



The cards are velcroed on with small round tabs that you can purchase at Staples or Office Depot.

The boards are standard trifold foam presentations boards. The dimension of each board is exactly 3ft by 4ft. For space reasons, the last board I cut to fit in place. 160 cards will fit on the 5 boards as seen here. There are 161 cards so the last card does not fit. The tri-fold foam boards are also velcroed to the wall so that I can remove them if I need to. You can teach your own toddlers not to pull the cards off, but you may not want to spend your time training visiting toddlers, in which case it would be nice to remove the boards on occasion. 



10 comments:

Andrea said...

You are awesome Leslie! I used the putty to put up my VP cards last year. I like the board idea much better. Looking forward to our first year with CC! I did the practicum last week. And now we are both hooked on the CIRCE blog thanks to you!

Anonymous said...

Could you post the dimensions of the boards? I've been wanting to do this, but wasn't sure how to do it. Thanks!

Leslie said...

Boards are 3 ft by 4ft.

Brandy Ferrell said...

Hi Leslie! This is great! We'd love for you to link it up at Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood! Click here to go to the link-up for Keeping a Timeline.

Blessings!
Brandy

terese said...

I'd love to view the YouTube video. Can you send me an invitation or something? It says its private. :(
Thanks. Terese

Leslie said...

Terese, I'm don't know why it says private. Maybe try it in a different browser?

Maria Leon said...

The video is showing up as private. I've tried different browsers, a different computer & my iPad. Is anyone else having this problem?

Leslie said...

Maria: I believe I fixed the video. Try it again.

LauraBeth said...

I loved this idea for posting timeline cards! I did this last year, but it didn't turn out NEARLY as nicely as yours did!

I do a blog post recap that I send out to the moms of the kids in my CC class and showed them yours as a great example of a way to use their timeline cards - http://myfavoritekindofcrazy.com/2013/10/02/classical-conversations-cycle-2-week-6/

Thanks for the great post!

Cindy Dy said...

You are an awesome blogger. This is one of the best blog I had visited so far. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Keep it up. God bless.

www.gofastek.com