Monday, January 25, 2010

The Best Homemade Play Dough Recipe

We've tried many and this one make amazing play dough. I like the texture much better than store bought play dough. It is squishier and more pliable:

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tbl oil
1 tsp. food coloring (I like to leave this out)
2 cups water

Mix all ingredients in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until dough leaves sides of pan. Remove from pan and when cool to touch, knead for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Leslie, I have to tell you something funny about this. I made your play dough recipe last week and I think it's great! However, I made it as my kids were coming down with the stomach flu, and they can't even look at it now without associating it with nausea. :) Perhaps if I wait a month or two their stomachs will have forgotten.