I finally came across the hard facts concerning Obama's voting record on the protection of infants here.
IL Senate 2001
* Senate Bill 1095, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
* Voted "no" in the Senate Judiciary Committee (March 28, 2001)
* Argued against the bill on the IL Senate floor (March 30, 2001)
* Voted "present" for the bill (March 30, 2001)
IL Senate 2002
* Senate Bill 1662, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
* Voted "no" vote in the Senate Judiciary Committee (March 6, 2002)
* Argued against the bill on the IL Senate floor (April 4, 2002)
* Voted "no" for the bill (April 4, 2002)
IL Senate 2003
* Senate Bill 1082, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
* Obama, who chaired the Health and Human Services Committee, held the bill from receiving a committee vote and stopped the senator sponsor from adding the federal act's clarification paragraph, which made the bills absolutely identical.
I wanted to clear this up as I had heard conflicting stories such as "he only voted present" and "he pushed the wrong button" (yes, I actually heard that!) You can also read the top ten reasons Obama has given for opposing the act here.
Here is a moving open letter to Obama concerning this issue.
Here is a short article by Rick Santorum on the issue.
I am thankful for the Internet in that the truth can be fully disclosed. But the truth can also be so scary that I can almost wish I was ignorant. I wish we didn't have a presidential candidate with that kind of morals, I wish he had really pushed the wrong button. To quote Obama, I wish for a country “filled with hope and possibility for all Americans,” even for small, helpless Americans.