Tuesday, December 18, 2007

LibraryThing.com

For a couple months now I’ve had a link on this blog to “My Library” down on the right column. This is a cool webservice called LibraryThing. I’ve always wanted to catalog my books so that I could keep track of what I’ve got and to keep updated comments about the books that I’ve read. This new (to me) tool allows me to add books easily to a central location and even search against them using the Google Book Search engine.

I’ve now entered most of the books on my shelves. Once I went over 200 books, I did have to pay a small one-time fee, but for my part, it is well worth it.

If anyone reading this lives close by, feel free to browse my virtual shelves and if you find something you’d like to borrow, I’ll lend you the tangible copy.

No comments: