Friday, July 20, 2007

Get a Barf Bucket and Get in Bed!

It was all I could think to say (over the noise of my two screaming babies) to my older girls who had the stomach flu and who stood gawking at their dad who had just passed out between the sink and toilet. It was only a temporary black-out. I didn’t panic too much because the same thing has happened to me several times when I’ve had the stomach flu. But the scene was truly comical today: me and a boy with a broken arm taking on a house full of stomach flu-ridden residents and a newborn. [The boy with the broken arm being the only one not sick is comical because it’s amazing how little one can do to help out when one has a broken arm.] Chris’ comment earlier today: don’t they have a shot to prevent this kind of thing? Alas, we put a man on the moon, but have yet to conquer the common stomach bug. But what I want to know is just how many times can one family get the bug in a year? I’ve lost count.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;


I like this verse, but I realize that our afflictions are so minor compared with what Paul was referring to when he wrote this verse. However, I quote it to say that we are not crushed, despairing or destroyed. (Just barfing)

1 comment:

Archie said...

Should have posted this under the fasting category too. :)