Monday, June 11, 2007

Remembering Grandpa


Yesterday, Leslie and I celebrated our eleven year wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that we've been married so long already. Karis will be ten years old in a month!

But yesterday was also the two year mark since my grandfather's passing. As we always had a close bond, I'm glad to share this special day with him. As we celebrate our being united together each year, it is also nice to celebrate knowing that this is also the same day that grandpa was united with his creator, husband, and friend. I’m not sure if he sat down at the marriage supper of the Lamb yet (my eschatology is very foggy), but he has certainly been united with Christ in such a way that makes all of us down here jealous.

Sometimes I want to live, and at other times I don't, for I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here!
Philippians 1:23 The Living Bible


Above: Grandpa and me a few years before his passing.

No comments: