Monday, June 25, 2007

The Mouth Piece of Satan

No! Not the baby!

The kids made this for Naomi to welcome her home from the hospital

Naomi about to have her first sponge bath






When I was in the hospital for those two days, enjoying my new baby, it was easy for me to obey Ephesians 5:20
"Be filled with the Spirit...giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
But whenever I would turn on the mouth piece of Satan (the T.V.), for even a moment, I found that the frame of mind immediately disappeared. After a few times, I decided to stop turning it on at all. I came to the conclusion that it is impossible to be filled with the Spirit: making melody to the Lord with all your heart, giving thanks always, while watching the mouth piece of Satan. It made me glad that we don't own a T.V. and give him a hearing in our home. Sometimes we forget just how awful the stuff is that we are missing. Let's face it, television has totally become the domain of the god of this world, and why let his voice be continually broadcast?

2 comments:

Tyler McGowen said...

Chris and Leslie congrats on the new baby may the Lord richly bless your family.
In Christ,
Tyler

Christopher said...

Tyler,

So good to hear from you! Are you still down at SBTS? I see you've got a good site going, I'll be poking around there in the days to come.

Warmly,

CT