Monday, June 18, 2007

Baby Watch: Part 3 - Of False Alarms


Leslie's never gone into labor early. I can always count on a few days at least, right? So why am I being dragged out of bed at 1:30 AM five days early? Because the contractions are down to seven minutes apart and Robyn is on her way down from Monument to watch the children! Ready or not, here we go.

Unlike Leslie (see part 2) I'M NOT READY. The house is not ready. That little stinker!

But maybe I should have known that we were getting close when I took this photo on Saturday. Little known fact: I was born in Baraboo, Wisconsin: Home of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Baily circus. They are in town this week giving me some sort of odd connection with this little baby. And no, I don't think I've ever been to see this circus, nor to I ever plan on taking my children to the circus.

Even so, we begin a new act in this family circus. Pray for mother and child.

Rob, if you by chance are checking this out this morning, I won't be in for work today.

No comments: