Sunday, June 17, 2007

Baby Watch: Part 2




Cliff Notes Version: No baby yet

To a pregnant woman, a day is like a thousands years.


Being pregnant for another day does seem like a thousand years right now. The countdown is 5 days till my due date but even 5 more days seems like forever. I am so thankful that this baby is not due in July or August or even later. I really haven’t been miserably hot until this past week. I’m glad I don’t have to live through a whole summer of heat.

I visit the doctor on Tuesday and I am curious to see if I have dilated to 4 cm. I feel like I should be because of the killer contractions that I’ve been having several times a day. If anyone wants to email me the wives tales about inducing labor, I’m game. One I heard recently was that cilantro can help get labor going. It hasn’t worked so far. I have some growing in the back yard and made a tasty salsa out of it and no luck. But I’ll keep trying.

I am going to try to keep busy with the kids this week to keep me from sitting around trying to time false-labor contractions that never become regular. We have a little lake near us that has a sandy beach and swim area. We may venture out there for a daytime distraction.

Since I know the Lord is trying to teach me patience in this waiting period, I’m trying to hurry up and get this patience thing figured out so I can have this baby already. So here’s my prayer: “All right Lord, I’m sure I’ve finally learned patience, now let this baby be born RIGHT NOW.”

No comments: