Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Remodelling: Patching Drywall

Last night I began patching the gaping crack in the living room wall. Seeing this is the room where we will spend most of our time, I’m going to ask a friend who’s hung a lot of drywall to help. I’d rather not practice (this will be my first time mudding) on one of the most difficult transitions. I put the first coat of paint in the back part of the room so the pink wouldn’t bother me while working on other things.You can see that the kitchen is almost done. We’ve bought the hardware for the doors, but I need to sand and put the second coat down before those go on. Still no stove; I check Lowe’s every other day for a good clearance deal.

By the way, I may be teaching our adult Sunday school class in a few weeks. I’m not trying to find teaching during this busy time of getting the house ready, but I’m certainly not going to say no. If I do, it will be on Mark 6, where Jesus is questioned about why his disciples do not fast. I will be teaching on the good and proper function of fasting.

No comments: