Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Isaiah!


It's Isaiah's Birthday. Someone thought it would be funny to buy him his biography (see picture above) while he is still a young man. Not sure that was a good idea, but he's been rolling on the floor for the past few hours now. He also got a remote control airplane which was destroyed upon impact. The instructions said, "For 12 Years old and older." Hey, I'm 32 and I couldn't control the thing.

Here is what I want from Isaiah this year:

1) We will memorize the book Ephesians this year
2) He will be good at his times tables by the end of this year
3) I will do a better job teaching him Greek this year (It’s sad, but he keeps begging me to teach him Greek, but we never really find the time.)
4) He will learn to make his bed when he wakes up (okay, not sure that is possible)
5) We will climb Pikes Peak this summer

This could go on, but you already see that so much of him is dependant upon me as his father. He will not become or do anything without my taking the time and initiative to make it happen. Freewill? Not really. We need our heavenly Father to lead us into everlasting life. If He doesn’t we will remain immature.
Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity … And this we will do if God permits. Hebrews 6:1-3 ESV

No comments: