Friday, November 03, 2006

Life Verse & Negativity

So Leslie wants to know why I put such a negative verse at the bottom of my page. Well, because it is my life verse.

Jesus said to them, "Is this not the reason you are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God?" (Mark 12:24)

Click here to see the verse in context.

What? Why such a negative life verse?

Well, first because they are the very words of Jesus. Second because they are Jesus’ response to men who were confused about marriage and heaven (topics I’m very interested in). And thirdly because they speak very clearly to me in a very positive way.

So what is so positive about this verse?

In this verse I see the positive standard by which we should view marriage and any other theological issue. I also am constantly reminded of the humility needed when thinking about marriage and theology.

We must constantly humble ourselves and go back the scriptures and the power of God so that we don’t run off in some ungodly error. For every negative statement there is a positive side.

No comments: